To become a member by phone please call
707 937-5818, x 10 • toll-free 800 653-3328, x 10
The Mendocino Art Center Needs You!
Give yourself the gift of art...
• monthly gallery shows
• open studio sessions
• art fairs, musical concerts and cultural programs
• world-class art classes taught by renowned instructors
• member exhibition opportunities
• Mendocino Arts magazine
• Second Saturday Receptions
Your help is vital to Mendocino Art Center’s continuing role as the historic cornerstone
of the town of Mendocino.
We hope you will join as a member of the Art Center this year. The Mendocino Board of Supervisors has honored us as the Jewel of Mendocino County and as someone who truly cares about the arts, we know you want to help sustain the vitality of the arts in our community. Even if you don’t have the time to be personally involved, your membership dues support the programs the MAC delivers each year to promote arts and culture.
Your support of the MAC is vital in our continuing effort to provide:
- ACCESS TO THE ARTS Without your help we could not present free exhibits and free lectures, studio fees would be much higher, and class tuition and tickets to our other events would cost up to twice as much as they do now. That would make them inaccessible to many who love and appreciate the arts.
- SUPPORT FOR ARTISTS AND STUDENTS Do you know how many artists have opportunities to teach at MAC? 160 this year. And how many students and artists are supported by MAC’s scholarship funds? Over 80 in 2014.
- ARTS FOR OUR YOUTH Do you know that MAC members, staff and Artists-in Residence are vital to efforts to keep the arts alive in our schools? Our studios are used by the local high school; MAC artists design classes each year for the high school’s alternative education program, and MAC artists produce creative retreats for visiting high school arts classes.
But fundamentally, supporting the Mendocino Art Center protects a gathering place for art of all kinds, a learning space for new skills and ideas, and a productive environment for creative arts enterprise. After slowly coming out of the recession, The MAC is again thriving financially, its programs growing, and its leadership felt in the community, especially in Mendocino, the town it saved in the 50’s.
The Mendocino Art Center
is a 501(c)3 educational organization.
Mendocino Art Center Membership Benefits…
BENEFITS AT ALL LEVELS:
• Artist exhibition opportunities in the gallery.
• Artist opportunities in the gallery shop.
• Invitations to participate in Members’ Juried Exhibits.
• Discounts at 13 participating local businesses.
• Mendocino Arts magazine and event information.
• Waiver of $45 class registration fee.
• Discounted CALSTAR & REACH memberships.
• Special rate for Suburban Propane (up to 20% off residential propane per gallon prices. Lake and Mendocino counties members only).
HOUSEHOLD (maximum two members): $100
STUDENT (12+ with student ID): $30
SENIORS (70+): $30
ZACHA LEGACY SOCIETY:
BUSINESS PARTNER: $250
BUSINESS WEB SITE SPONSOR: $500
Memberships are non-refundable
CALSTAR and REACH (download application) are the two air medical services serving North and Central California. Both air ambulance services are offering a group rate to current MAC members. Both programs cover family members in your household. Between them, CALSTAR’s and REACH’s coverage area, when combined with reciprocal agreements with other air ambulance programs, extends from Washington to Texas. Helicopters are dispatched to medical emergencies by 911 or a physician’s request based on location and availability. A membership in one service will not cover the costs incurred if you are transported by another company’s air ambulance. Membership in both is recommended for our area.
Contact individual services for information about the air ambulance coverage