Painting Guide: Linda Ryan
Your guide has spent years exploring this process and will help you as you pour your paints, tilt, turn, tilt, maybe pour some more, maybe manipulate it with a gloved finger or even add a bit with an eyedropper. No brushes necessary.
You are welcome to bring wine. And, invite your friends for a creative Sunday afternoon!
• Tickets ($55) may be purchased in person at the Mendocino Art Center or online through Eventbrite.
• Materials fee: $30 (includes gessoed cradled wooden board, all paints/mediums etc.).
• Wear painting clothes. This can get messy.
• The paintings have to be left overnight to dry. We will arrange for pickup times during the event.
• Refunds may be made up to seven days prior to the event. Tickets purchased through Eventbrite may be refunded through their website. Tickets purchased through the Mendocino Art Center may be refunded by calling the Registrar at 707-937-5818 x10.
1. Warm Greens, golds, bronzes, metallics and blacks.
2. Cool Greens and green-blues, turquoise, black, burnt oranges and metallic.
3. Purple-blues, magentas, alizarin crimson, interference colors like pearl blue, pearl violets, pearl-like gold or metallic.
4. Warm burnt oranges, golds, blacks, browns, metallic and pearl-like paints of your choice, and possibly a bit of blue for contrast.
ABOUT YOUR PAINTING GUIDE
Her work is in collections across the United States and in six countries; she has been honored with over $11,000 in awards and grants, and in 2014 received her district’s Alameda County Arts Commission Arts Leadership Award for her work on behalf of the art community.