Join us for the 3rd Annual
Mendocino Open Paint Out
A Plein Air Festival
on Northern California's
Beautiful Mendocino Coast
September 7–12, 2015
|Home||Lodging||Painting Locations||Schedule||About MAC|
Join us on the picturesque northern California coast
#3 on the The New York Times
list of "Places to Go in 2014"
The Mendocino Art Center hosts the third Mendocino Open Paint Out (MOPO), a plein air festival, welcoming more than sixty celebrity and participating artists – in watermedia, oil and pastel – from seven different states.
The public is welcome at all activities:
• Four days of plein air painting – watch celebrity artists paint outdoors.
• Daily wet paint sales – new paintings each day.
• Celebrity artist demonstrations – September 8-11, 2 pm and 7 pm (no demo on Friday, September 11 at 7 pm). Donations requested.
• Community dinners at the Mendocino Art Center. Food and drink available for purchase. September 8-10, 5 pm to 7 pm.
• Quick Draw Competition and Sale, Saturday, September 12. Watch the competition, 11 am to 1 pm (location to be announced) and then vote for YOUR favorite piece at the Quick Draw Sale, 2 pm to 5 pm.
• Celebratory Reception and Awards Presentation, Saturday, September 12, 5 pm to 8 pm. Enjoy wine and appetizers and be there for the announcement of the award winners.
The Mendocino Art Center is a very special place, located in a stunning, rural location, overlooking a rugged expanse of the Pacific Ocean, 150 miles north of San Francisco. It has been a haven for artists since 1959, when founders Bill and Jennie Zacha first realized the potential of this unique community as an artists' colony.
Today the Mendocino Art Center is a highly regarded artistic and educational institution known for retreat-style classes led by superlative artist-instructors. More than 150 two- to five-day classes are offered each year in ceramics, fiber arts, fine art, jewelry/metalsmithing and sculpture/ blacksmithing.
The art galleries feature monthly exhibitions spotlighting the creative works of local and national artists and the Mendocino Art Center continues to be at the heart of what makes the Mendocino Coast an enchanting and vibrant place to visit. Retreat, create, rejuvenate at the Mendocino Art Center.